Keston Learning Skills
At Keston we have worked hard on developing a language of learning.
We have identified 6 main values to learning and each has its own character.
- I understand that sometimes I will have challenges
- I can adapt to new situations
- I know that to build resilience takes time, strength and help from other people
- I try to solve problems myself in different ways
- I can take responsible risks
- I know when to ask questions to help me learn
- I can talk to others about my learning
- I can listen to and value other people's ideas to help me learn
- I can cooperate and manage my feelings when working with others
- I am ready, willing and able to learn in different ways
- I think about what I need to learn
- I am patient and take time to get it right
- I can make marvellous mistakes to help me learn
- I have the courage to have a go and keep trying when it is hard
- I try not to say 'I can't'
- I choose positive attitudes and actions
- I am proactive in my learning
- I can challenge myself